Thursday, August 04, 2005

fired...

here i sit, on a busy thursday afternoon, at 'home' alone and this time it's not by my choice or even because i wanted to leave early. nope. the cath lab is still cranking out patients right now but one employee short. make that an ex employee. not to mention the others that are out on vacation or taking classes. they are short staffed now. very short. yesterday, i went to a peer review meeting due to an incident and today i find myself with two weeks to find another position at the hospital. what? me? let go so unceremoniously? yup. it happens all the time at hays medical center. only this time it was me who was let go. granted, this was not the only incident that i was involved in and that is the crux of the matter. about two months ago, i was in a procedure where some other incident happened but it was caught later after the patient was gone. this incident was noticed immediately by me and corrected but it was too late. no harm done but the potential was there and so today i find myself at home alone... looking for another position within the organization. or perhaps not! i've got two gracious weeks. at least they gave me that. unbelievable.

i'm going to wal-mart or something. get lost in the crowds for a bit. home depot and sportsmans supply sound good too. heck, the weather is fine too! crazy weather. perhaps i'll buy some beer now that i am not on-call. sit, read, drink... good grief.

this is Nixy. signing out for now...

1 comment:

Michelle :) said...

*hugs* to you dear friend and all my love sent - if you need a night w/ the wife perhaps it would work I could babysit (friends don't pay friends with money, only love!)... you could sit under the stars and search for the big dipper! so sweet, so sweet, let me know!